Wednesday, January 11, 2012

FOUR THINGS I LOVE !!

My new healthy lifestyle has introduced me to four new things that I love, and for those of you who know me best...I HATE TRYING NEW THINGS ESPECIALLY FOODS....BECAUSE ONE THING I KNOW FOR SURE IS I DO NOT LIKE BEING DISAPPOINTED IN MY FOOD!! So here you go...First new favorite thing is Fage Greek Yogurt in 2%
I typically choose the 7oz container and it is perfect to add fruit to with 2 packs of splenda and eat on the run for breakfast or a snack..I also have discovered that I also like it plain with 2 packs of splenda. This is huge for me because I HATE HATE HATE regular yogurt. When I was a child I use to make myself eat it because it was healthy and therefore developed a hatred for it :)...I prefer the 2% due to its consistency. The higher the percentage the more fat, therefore it's consistency becomes just like regular yogurt YUCK!!! But take note this is GREAT for protein!!! Okay now on to my second favorite thing....WATER!!!
I use to hate water as well :) ...liquids in my life consisted of strictly Dr. Pepper a year ago. I would drink approximately 4 Route 44 Dr. Pepper's from Sonic!!! CRAZY CRAZY....now I can not image going all day not drinking water...if I have a little bit of soda ....which I will let myself have some coke maybe once a week or every other week...but I can't sip a Dr. Pepper, scared I'll relapse (SERIOUSLY IT'S HAPPENED BEFORE) ...however, after drinking about half of it I crave water..it just doesn't quench my thirst. Third thing is cabbage..i love green and purple cabbage...
This has become a great space filler for me :) I have a food allergy to rice and pasta and it's not allowable on the Paleo food plan anyway...so I use this in place when sauteed with chicken...it is SO YUMMY.. and very healthy...also good because I do not like veggies at all...having said that ...that leads into my number four... Bolthouse Smoothies.....
My favorite is their Green Goodness Smoothie, which is great on the run and can be used in place of the made at home version of the Green Smoothie on the Paleo plan...this is a combination of 8 fruits and veggies that are and excellent source of vitamins and protein...These work great for me since I am on the run all day and between various locations. They also have 2 fruit versions that are good when that sweet tooth is bugging you....but my favorite of course it the Green Goodness...and warning it looks so gross...so I get the medium container and drink strait from the bottle so I can't see it!! ;0) So these are four fabulous items that I have fallen in love with and they help me on a daily basis to be strong, stay focused, and eat healthy...if I can make these changes...SO CAN YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment