Monday, January 9, 2012

THE MISREPRESENTATION OF ME...

The Absolute Self Defense and Fitness "Fall For Fitness Competition" photos were finally posted and all I have been able to think about is that those pictures do not represent me well. If I passed me on the street I would not think of me as an out going, loud, fun, loving life, make-up, heels, cheeta print, zebra print, any color that is bright and out there kinda woman!! Now don't get me wrong, I know EXACTLY what I look like...thanks to the bathroom mirror! I DO NOT...please hear me clearly...I DO NOT...have low self-esteem. I did struggle with that in high school and most of college...but that is another post all on it's own. What I am meaning is I need another representative or rather to change the one I have. I look like this....
...and feel like this....
Now I know this is a little exaggerated...but I think you get my drift. I by no means expect to turn out looking like Ms. Kim, however, these photos make me see what the world gets a glimpse of....and I DON'T LIKE IT!!! This to me is motivation...let me say it again...MOTIVATION!!! I take this as a challenge to push forward and reach my goal rather than an opportunity to feel down about myself..be defeated.. and ultimately continuing to MISREPRESENT MYSELF!!!

2 comments:

  1. The people in life who appeal to me the most are those whose beauty is felt rather than seen. My favorite saying is 'Esse Quam Videri' roughly translating 'to be what you seem' and a second fav 'Be Beautiful'. I have the 'Be Beautiful' saying written down so that I see it every day and remind myself that being beautiful is all about the way you act. And I see you as way more beautiful than Kim. I've been following your work on facebook and have so much admiration for you and the changes you seek for yourself. Esse Quam Videri, Kami.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bunny...LOVE IT!!! :)

    ReplyDelete